a peek into my interests - travel, education, health, fitness, wine, spirits and more...
Popular Posts
-
My husband and I just watched disc 1 of Season 1 of "Breaking Bad", a show that's on AMC. It's the gripping story of a hi...
-
The word 'HITO' signifies a milestone. It seems so appropriate to name this beautifully balanced and ruby red young wine. With it...
January 27, 2011
tasting mexcalmetl
Mexcalmetl, also known as mezcal, usually distilled once protruding from the bottle a rustic and earthy character. There's nothing like sipping the taste of the mexican “terrior” and slight firewater. If you're in search of an affordable and well made mezcal, I recommend the Del Maguey Mezcal Vida. It is produced from the original 400 year old organic method with water and the heart of the agave. Mezcal Vida was smoky with a hint of honey and earthy spices on the palate. The finish was long which could warm you up on a cold winter nights. Mezcal, a spirit so unique and full of history...I hope on my next tasting I can surpass the fire and appreciate what Mexico has to offer.